“i watched on the news about all those cry babys marching for there emoral right to marry.with the last election on prop 8,not even a liberal judge can change that out come.calif wanted once before and got it.than with the stroke of a very liberal judge tosses out the will of the voters.and alowed those things to marry.”
Dear “things” and thing-allies:
You aren’t going to let these idiots win, are you?
The struggle for marriage equality is only beginning. You can still be part of the effort to ensure that the vote on Proposition 8 isn’t the last word on this subject.
- Rally! Here’s a list of protests and vigils in California. Here’s a link for out-of-state events.
- Sign the petition! Nah, it probably doesn’t mean much, but it feels good.
- Write letters! Let your local newspapers know how the passage of Prop 8 has affected you.
- Support gay-friendly businesses! Here’s a list of businesses to avoid. I’m still looking for a good directory of companies who earned our business. Meanwhile, don’t be afraid to ask before you hand over your money.
- Talk to people! If they supported marriage equality, thank them. If they didn’t, ask them why they feel that some citizens are not worthy of the same rights as others, and don’t let them weasel out of answering.
- Fly your freak flag! Just because you took down your “No on 8” signs (or, as in my case, had them stolen) doesn’t mean your dwelling has to go naked. Here’s one source among many for rainbow flags.
Other suggestions? Leave your ideas and links in comments!